Tuesday, June 14, 2011

UCR

It was really interesting to see the Universidad de Costa Rica's campus compared to ASU, it is very different. It is a very large campus and there are a huge range of student ages and is not as focused with being green. Although there were gardens, butterfly farms and attempts to cut out pollution, the campus I thought was very dirty and had a lot of litter. ASU's campus really tries to recycle and trash is usually picked up. Although Costa Rica is known as moving to being more green and sustainable, it really bothered me to see how dirty and how much trash was on the ground. The campus was very colorful and had a bunch of culture which was really cool to see. The butterfly farm was so nice and interesting to see the different types and colors. It was really cool to learn how the different colors play a huge role in their defense mechanisms.

When Maria Paula spoke about Free Trade Agreements, she explained about why they were important and about the positive and negative benefits. She is a very intelligent person and I wish I knew more about FTA to fully understand her lecture. It was very hard to follow and difficult to listen to because I felt like I had no knowledge at all of the topic.

I really enjoyed exploring downtown of CR. There were many great restaurants, shopping and a nice museum. I really like going to museums and looking at the artifacts and history of a culture because you can really understand visually. Overall it was a nice day to go see how people my age interact in Costa Rica.

No comments:

Post a Comment