Tuesday, June 14, 2011

May 28 San Marcos Community

Early wake up call by some howler monkeys...wow those things are awful! I had no idea what it was at first, a wild boar or something? haha very unexpected. Had a very good breakfast with fruit, eggs, rice and beans. Getting to know our family more was very nice. We took a tour through their pineapple, sugar cane, papaya fields. Listening to all the effort it takes to plant and harvest all their produce is a lot of work that they must keep on top of daily. We were able to try fresh sugar cane and pineapples freshly picked and drink fresh coconut water. This is an experience and a taste I will never forget. You cannot have fresh produce like this from the grocery store. All of this contained no preservatives or pesticides it was all natural.

After the tour we had free time to go play soccer with the local kids. I have been waiting to play because I love soccer and I bet these kids have a lot of talent, which they clearly did! I have to remember to use my spanish because mostly everyone only speaks Spanish that's about it.

We had the rest of the day to relax and hang out with our families. We all went to bed pretty early because the next day we get to view/help out with their chores on their little farm and possibly milk a cow!

No comments:

Post a Comment